Quote

We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait for them, are carried on the wings
of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

~Kristi Larson

Music

The music playing is some of my favorite songs that have inspired me and kept me moving through those difficult days where I find myself missing Katie and struggling to understand God's timing. I would encourage you to continue listening to the music even when you are done reading our updates!

Katie Jane Na Harris

Katie Jane Na Harris
Let them eat cake!!!

Our Journey to Katie Jane..........

Follow our journey to bring home an amazing little girl named Dang Qing Na, who will forever be known as Katie Jane Na Harris, the love of this families lives!

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 5 in China

Well, today we decided to stay home and do absolutely nothing and its soooo nice not to be out in all the crazy traffic with millions of people shoving and running into us!  We went to the play room here in the hotel and Katie played with Patrick (she was happy as long as she had her back turned to me and couldnt see me!)
But the good news is, each day gets a little better.  Today she doesn't cry when I walk in the room and she will let me sit next to her and she even let me kiss her several times without any tears.  She still wont let me hold her, but last night she snuggled up next to me in the bed all night long.  I didn't sleep a wink but I didn't care, as long as I could smell her hair and feel her warm little body next to mine, I was in heaven.  Then around 6:00am Patrick went to the gym and she woke up.  She knew she was only with me and she didn't freak out.  She let me scratch her back for about 30 minutes and then she let me give her a bottle.  I couldn't hold her during the feeding but she let me lay next to her and stroke her hair which is a HUGE improvement!  She is napping with her daddy right now.  She is still dealing with the night sweats as her infection is much better but still appears to be giving her some trouble.  Her lungs are still a bit junky but each day is better. 

At breakfast she let me feed her and she will also let me change her diapers without bucking and kicking. 
Today is Patrick and I's 9th wedding anniversary and 11 years together.  I asked him if for my anniversary gift if he would let me adopt that little boy with the club feet at the orphanage.  He said I could review his file if I could get it but that we wouldn't be adopting again anytime soon........  My focus is on Katie, but oh how that little guy stole my heart.  Did you see his picture?  His little butt is shoved so far into that bucket he looks like he has been folded in half.  And he was still just as happy as could be!

Our guide helped me find some pictures of my daughters finding spot which is a buhdhist temple near Luoyang.  I have not been able to find any information about the temple in the US so it was priceless to find a picture for her to see someday.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more exciting and I will have more to write about but we really needed some downtime, given how stressful yesterday was on everyone. 
Smooches,
Kristie

2 comments:

  1. So happy that you are getting to snuggle that little sweet heart! I know it has been so hard waiting for her to come around but someday soon you will be the one she cries for! Hope you all got some rest. Thanks for checking up on our little guy,"Leo" Zhi You-it means so much to know he is okay as he waits for us.
    Enjoy, Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Kristie,Katie is coming around! You are dong all the right things. Amy and Anna felt the same way about me and you know how close we are. What a journey! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete