Quote

We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait for them, are carried on the wings
of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

~Kristi Larson

Music

The music playing is some of my favorite songs that have inspired me and kept me moving through those difficult days where I find myself missing Katie and struggling to understand God's timing. I would encourage you to continue listening to the music even when you are done reading our updates!

Katie Jane Na Harris

Katie Jane Na Harris
Let them eat cake!!!

Our Journey to Katie Jane..........

Follow our journey to bring home an amazing little girl named Dang Qing Na, who will forever be known as Katie Jane Na Harris, the love of this families lives!

Thursday, September 16, 2010

pictures of Katie!!!!


 


We have her!  OMG we finally have her!  The year and a half of waiting and its finally here!  It has been a very tough day for our little Katie.  We got her around noon and her nanny from the orphanage brought her in.  When I took her she began to sob.  And then so did I.  It was a big blubber fest for quit some time but we were so grateful to have her in our arms!  Her weight is accurate and she looked overall very healthy.  One of the families in our travel group (there are 10 families total) happens to be a pediatrician and he came to check Katie out and was a bit concerned.  She had a huge boil on her back that was oozing puss.  He pulled out what appeared to be a large bug stinger.  When we got back to the hotel, he and his father (also a pediatrician) came straight to our room and said that Katie's absess needed to be drained right away as she had a bad staf infection which can be dangerous.  We left the room and they did the procedure which was so difficult to do.  We did not want her to associate us with "pain" though, so it was for the best.  She also has a bad case of bronchiolitis and pnemonia and a fever of 101.  She has lots of bed bug bites covering her little body and her skin is painfully dry and cracking (ichtheosis).  Regardless, the antibiotics will hopefully do wonders for her over night. 
So on to the fun stuff.... She is BEAUTIFUL!!!!  I'm not kiddin' either!  She is georgeous and amazing and perfect in every way!  We are absolutely head over heals in love with her and cannot wait until she is not terrified of us.  Poor thing looks up into my eyes and just bursts into tears.  She is really grieving the loss of her nanny.  Her nanny gave her a sucker and she held onto that thing for dear life and it only came out of her hands once she fell asleep.  She finally crashed on the bed and is sound asleep. Before she crashed, we gave her some stacking cups and she had a great time playing with those and they seemed to keep her happy.  We have yet to see her first smile, but we are rootin' for tomorrow! 
My life before her?  It feels so long ago.  I cannot wait for her to meet the rest of her family. 
I am going to attach pictures and of course,  I think I have to attach them one at a time so you will have to view all the older posts.  I cannot see our blog in China as they are blocked in China (so is Facebook and U Tube).
We miss everyone so much and are so grateful for the many prayers as they have paid off!!!!
Kristie and Patrick

2 comments:

  1. I'm sitting at my desk reading this and crying...so happy for you guys and then sad for Katie about her nanny. I know you'll see that BEAUTIFUL smile soon!! :) Can NOT wait to meet her!

    Funny from Ty...in class, they've been talking about Austin has a new sister and she's coming from China. Ty kinda undertands he's a quarter Chinese (my mom) so other day he asked me after school -- "Mom, am I a quarter China??" LOL..too funny!

    ReplyDelete