Quote

We witness a miracle every time a child enters
into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles,
growing within the hearts of those who wait for them, are carried on the wings
of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands.

~Kristi Larson

Music

The music playing is some of my favorite songs that have inspired me and kept me moving through those difficult days where I find myself missing Katie and struggling to understand God's timing. I would encourage you to continue listening to the music even when you are done reading our updates!

Katie Jane Na Harris

Katie Jane Na Harris
Let them eat cake!!!

Our Journey to Katie Jane..........

Follow our journey to bring home an amazing little girl named Dang Qing Na, who will forever be known as Katie Jane Na Harris, the love of this families lives!

Monday, September 27, 2010

What an AMAZING day for Katie and mommy!

(2nd entry for today)
Oh my goodness!  I have had such a wonderful day with my little girl!!!!  We spent a lot of quality time today and gave daddy some time to play squash and hang out with the guys.  So what do girls do to make themselves happy?  We SHOP!  Katie and I went shopping and every time she saw something she liked she would reach for it and shove it in my face.  And what do you think I did????  I said "WE'LL TAKE IT!!!!"   Yep, anything my little princess wanted today, she got.  She got two adorable bracelets (she looooves jewelry, even more than her mama) and she had me buy her a handmade Chinese doll baby.  She pointed to some lime green with white polka dot shoes........and she is wearing them as we speak.  She picked out all her Christmas ornaments today and had sooo much fun doing it. 
So yes, I bought my daughters love.....don't judge sisters!   Don't judge!  I'm not above bribery!  And it worked!  She was all smiles with each purchase, giving me kisses and lots of grins.  She also apparently really likes mango ice cream.  Yes, we ate an entire bowl.  I have to say that today was about as close to heaven as it has come for me.  I came back to the room and did a little dance.  I did the running man and the cabbage patch and the sprinkler and she giggled, and I cried happy tears.  Thank you all SOOO much for your prayers, because they are paying off.  He is answering all our prayers and my little Katie is coming out of her shell.  She is playing in the playroom with the other kiddos and will walk away from her mommy and daddy, keeping a watchful eye on us.
We have only 2 more full days here in Guangzhou and we cannot wait to get home.  We miss our other two children something fierce.  We also miss our neighbors and family!  Being here makes you appreciate all the wonderful things that make your life in the US amazing.
Tomorrow we take the oath.  It's the oath that we give to take care of our daughter and never abandon her.  I can't even imagine my life without her.  Everyone says the bonding has not even begun, and if that is the case,  what will our love feel like a month from now, a year from now?  I cannot wait, but for now I will enjoy every little moment, every smile and giggle that we can squeeze from her. 
 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you two are starting to bond! She is so beautiful and we cannot wait to meet her! Hope you have a safe and uneventful journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Your post gives me goosebumps. I was told to just keep on being my outgoing, enthusiastic self around Anya rather than getting quiet and little. She still retreats into her shell (as you've seen), but she comes out and shines, too! Bless you and her and your whole family. We are counting the days until you are home. xo

    ReplyDelete